Goodman Furnace Troubleshoot – Goodman Manufacturing is an American manufacturing company. It is an Independent subsidiary of Daikin group. Daikin (A Japan-based company) is the world’s largest manufacturer of heating, ventilation, and air conditioner. Goodman sells its HVAC equipment under four brands: Amana, GMC, Goodman, and Janitrol.
Goodman Gas Furnace Troubleshooting Guide
It founded 46 years ago in1975 in San Antonio, Texas. Its current headquarters are based in Houston, Texas. It founded by Harold V. Goodman. The company majorly constructs residential heating and cooling systems. Its air conditioners are top-notch HVAC products. Its products circulated in the United States and Canada mostly.
All the manufacturing, Logistics, engineering, and customer support takes place under one roof. It handled in a Daikin Texas Technology Park, which is located just outside of Houston.
Goodman Furnace Features
The Goodman gas furnaces are one of the bestselling furnace brands. They have the best quality and warranties in the entire home heating industry.
- Goodman furnaces guarantee a 90% plus AFUE (Annual Fuel Utilization Efficiency).
- Its high AFUE ratio makes these furnaces extremely energy efficient.
- The Goodman gas furnaces are just the right size to provide adequate warmth to homes.
- It sells gas furnaces in all three stages, so customers have a variety of options to choose from:
- Single-Stage Gas Furnace
When a fuel burner is ignited, it works at one constant flow. The gas flow cannot be adjusted, only opened or closed.
- Two-Stage Gas Furnace
It has a high and low setting on the furnace. It allows two levels of operation. This increases efficiency and supplies more warmth indoors.
- Multi-Stage or Modulating Gas Furnace
The burner electronically adjusts to provide the right amount of heat. It allows precise heating control and energy efficient when compared to a single-stage gas burner.
Goodman Furnace Working
- The blower motor controls the amount of heated air pushed through the air ducts to the spaces of your home. It has three blower motor levels – single speed, multi-speed, and variable speed.
- The heat exchanger is an essential part of a furnace. Some important heat exchanger features of a Goodman furnace listed below :
- One-piece, tubular construction: Joints were eliminated, reducing weak areas.
- It has a special wrinkle bend technology, which provides a tribulation effect for the perfect heat exchange.
- Also, has a sloped design that provides optimal condensate drainage.
- It built with stainless steel or aluminized steel.
- Goodman gas furnaces use smart technology that is capable of communicating.
- These features have simplified the installation, maintenance, and repair of gas furnaces.
Goodman Furnace Common Problems
On average Goodman gas furnaces have an 80% efficiency. The expected lifespan of a Goodman furnace said to be about 15 years. It also depends on the quality of maintenance of the furnace.
They can face small issues throughout their lifespan; some of those listed below:
- Before calling a professional, users can check for some key problems themselves.
- Examine and check the settings on the thermostat. It can stop working properly due to a wrong setting sometimes.
- Ensure that the power is working. It checked by the switch, break, fuse, and indicator light.
- The furnace can simply require a filter change.
- The inline gas valve can be faulty. It opened and checked.
- The flame sensor of the ignition confirmation can stop working.
- Users can also check for any blockage in the chimney and the pressure switch.
How To Troubleshoot Goodman Furnace
If the furnace owner decides to troubleshoot the issue by themselves, they should keep a few tools with them. The kind of tools and specs will depend on the kind of problem.
- Tape measure
- Wire cutters
- Pipe wrench
- Utility knife
The furnace should also cleaned before a thorough inspection. A few things required will be:
- Scrub brush
- Cotton swabs
- Replacement filter.
Goodman Gas Furnace Troubleshooting Guide
Goodman Furnace Troubleshoot done for any easily visible problems in the Goodman furnace. If there is a slight chance of a hazard or a safety concern, a professional should be called.
Goodman Thermostat Troubleshoot
- A very common issue in furnaces is the thermostats.
- It should be checked if they have working batteries in them. Old batteries must get replaced by new ones.
- If the thermostat displays jumbled digits, then it needs to be replaced.
- The temperature settings should also be checked if they are high enough or not.
- Look inside for loose wires or wires that might be touching. Sometimes the wires need to tightened or cleaned up.
- The thermostat checked easily with a small to a medium-sized screwdriver. A short 18 gauge wire is used.
- Locate the circuit board where the thermostat connects to the furnace. Disconnect the wires from the ‘W’ and ‘R’ terminals. Connect the jumper wires between the ‘W’ and ‘R’, if the furnace works then the thermostat is not the problem.
Goodman Furnace Troubleshoot
- Check for the power, to and from the furnace.
- If there is a sound when the furnace tries to ignite, then there is no issue with the power.
- Also, if there is an issue with the power, the service switch of the furnace should be checked.
- If the furnace does not have any power, it is recommended to call an electrician.
- A furnace can be immensely dangerous without the proper operating knowledge.
Cleaning the furnace once in a while is acceptable. Laymen should not generally attempt to fix any furnace issues by themselves. Some many dangerous hazards and accidents can occur without proper steps. As they say, prevention is better than cure, in such cases.